Welcome To Johnston Public Library
What Can We Help You Find?
Introducing JPL's Library of Things collection! Patrons can now check out items such as a disc golf set or stud finder free of charge. For all items, visit the library catalog. This project was made possible by a gift from the John L. Paul Estate.
These little readers are on their way to reading 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten! To sign up: Download the Reader Zone app. Choose "Johnston Public Library 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten". Enter our library's code: bdc5b. Earn your first prize at 100 books!
Children's picture books and nonfiction will be limited next week while an interior brick wall is repaired. Thanks for your patience!
Please review the following before applying for a library card:
- Library cards are issued one per household.
- A parent or guardian must fill out an application, provide one reference, and two forms of ID; 1 picture ID and 1 current proof of address.
- Cards for out-of-state residents are $25 per year.
- Please allow 24 hours for processing. Materials may be checked out afterward.
- There is a $2 replacement fee for lost or damaged cards.